Pattern Changes, etc

Robert F. Sutherland madprof@ix.netcom.com
Fri Feb 17 10:19:51 EST 2006

-  Dan Strassberg:   thank you for correction on critical hours being -2-
hours each side!
I've had that in mind wrong for many years.   any idea what CFR # has it?
& thank you for the reminder of WTIC, and a list of so many similar
situations!

- R Trovato: AM Query clearly says day, night, or critcal-hour operations,
each a seperate entry for a given station.
>From there, you need the local sunset / rise time....

Garrett Wollman told of a sunrise time calculator
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/bickel/srsstime.html
which requires the latitude & longitude from AM Query.
   now, with previous comments of station day / critical-hour / night
time change requirements, I think you have all you need

FCC rules   (CFR)  current link is
http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_05/47cfr73_05.html
(sorry about that)

P.S.  it is better to post to the group,
boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org
rather then reply to individual, that way all the group can benefit.