Herald: Sox radio talks heating up

R Trovato xtrovato@yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 15:33:09 EST 2006

> Fybush figures the battle will come down to WEEI and WTKK.
> He gives the edge to WEEI, which has a strong relationship with the
> team and will also broadcast Sox games this year on an Entercom FM
> station in Providence.

Since Jay Severin has left WTKK, they are showing a severe ratings decline
in the afternoon.  The Red Sox would give that time period a boost for
afternoon games....And bring higher spot rates to their evening show.  Not
to mention how it would help them on weekends where they lag.

The question is, does WTKK and it's management have the wherewithall and
testicular fortitude to negotiate using the expensive poker chips!

Given their "take-it-or-leave-it" dealings with Severin, I would guess that
they do not.