Wolfe in for Whittemore at WRKO

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Mon Feb 13 14:30:20 EST 2006

Bob Nelson wrote:
> Not sure about the morning show, DePetro, Taste of Boston, Savage, etc. Will we see more sports on 'RKO? They do the Celts of course and tonight will have the Beanpot game.

What's the deal with AM drive on Boston radio? L&W seem to be getting
the job done - and they are funny.  Funny and radio in the same
sentence...what a concept. WBZ is keeping the news deal going on. I've
been out of the market for six years now but visit often. I used to look
forward to spinning the dial of AM drive.  Now, it's almost not worth
the digital exercise. What seems to be missing is rock solid name
recognition, king-makers, local icons on Boston radio. And am I
jaundiced in my view that it is intentional? Keeps salaries down. And
because the new breed of broadcasters never worked in the radio kitchen,
just the counting room.

Bill O'Neill