HD Gets A Boost

rogerkirk rogerkirk@mail.ttlc.net
Fri Feb 3 09:54:49 EST 2006

"R Trovato" wrote

>Personally, I've never known anyone to send or recieve a telegram in my
>lifetime.

Ponder no longer.  20 years ago, I sent a telegram to my wife and her mother.  They were traveling in New Brunswick and stayed at an old, exclusive resort.  I felt that in keeping with the fashion of the resort a telegram was proper for this occasion.

Sentimentally, my wife always kept that telegram in her wallet until said wallet was purloined in our nation's capitol by a Native American woman preying on our naivete.

Try cashing an American Express Traveler's Cheque without a driver's license.  No matter what they tell you, most places require an ID.