Gary LaPierre Wraps Up 42 Years At WBZ

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Fri Dec 29 16:05:47 EST 2006

Scott Fybush wrote:

> It's still pretty much impossible for me to imagine that the next big
> story to hit New England won't have Gary's voice announcing and explaining
> it on 1030. I got the impression, in a very brief phone conversation with
> Gary very early this morning, that he can't quite imagine it yet, either.
>
> I'm pretty sure we haven't heard the last from "the boy from Shelburne
> Falls" just yet...

   Scott, I have to agree with you there. Judging by the comments from many
of those who called in or were in studio, I don't think Gary knows what to
do next, but let's hope that he can adjust his body clock to sleep past
3AM!! I

   One of the best lines of the day came from Dave Maynard, when Gary asked
him for advice on what to do after he walks out the door to retirement, Dave
replied: "Go out, get a palm tree and sit under it".

Mark Watson