WCRB transition

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 09:17:50 EST 2006

A couple years ago I rented a car and found it had RDS--you'd tune to
a station like
WROR and the call letters and name of artist and song would pop up. I
would think the
same "artist and song title" technology is what's on some station websites these
days (for WKLB: Now Playing --Carrie Underwood 'Before He Cheats')

And some CDs we've gotten at WMWM display the CD artist/title on the
CD display (only
a few) when you put it in, etc. The same type of encoding happens (or
a similar type)
when I put a CD into my comp. to rip it to the hard drive and then
transfer cuts to my
mp3 player; song title and artist comes up first on the software I
use, and then of course
on the mp3 player too.