R.L.K. RIP

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Sat Dec 2 12:58:21 EST 2006

get it.

No no no no no! No pun was intended (for once)!
For a few years after WCRB-FM moved its transmitter to the
then WBZ-TV tower, those horizontal bays were visible from
Route 128 on the AM tower, possibly as an auxiliary antenna...
and horizontal bays were the only antenna in use then.
I remember  some readily visible horizontal bays then:
WGHJ-FM 93.7 on a stick next to the WCCM-AM antenna
(I often wondered why they didn't attach them to the WCCM
tower...it was then a 3-legged self-supporting tower, could
just two FM bays have presented too much windload?);
the horizontal bays on the flagpole section of the WHAV-AM 1490
tower;
the WERS antenna atop 130 Beacon Street.

--

Search for products and services at:
http://search.mail.com