Howard Stern Over WMBR

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Tue Aug 8 14:37:49 EDT 2006

I had heard stories about people picking up Howard Stern over standard FM
in the 88.1 - 91.9 range, so I thought I'd try it.  It didn't take long...
I heard the show at 88.1 while driving the Andover-to-Wilmington stretch
of route 93 at about 6:30 this morning.  Nothing controversial or
licentious was going on...they were making fun of FOX News Channel
anchor John Gibson (the infinitely more talented Stephanie Miller
does that every week) during the portion I heard before it faded out.
Then: nothing.  I expected WMBR to come in, but I guess during the
summer they don't broadcast 24/7.
BTW, I was doing a little FM-dial-sampling because it appears that
UMass Lowell's WUML no long carries Chris Lydon's "Open Source"
at 6:00 am even though it's still on the schedule at the WUML website.