Feeble Signals

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Sat Aug 5 16:07:18 EDT 2006

I don't know if it's due to the heat this past week, but two AM stations this morning were much
weaker than usual, and one still is.  First, Nashua's WGAM-AM 900 was transmitting a very
weak but unmodulated carrier util the afternoon (WKBR-AM 1250 in Manchester was ok).
(It certainly helped WAMG-890, but I don't think it will affect their skimpy ratings!).
And old buddy Bob bitner's WJIB-AM 740 seemed either to be running its nighttime flea power,
or the mighty 250-watt main transmitter is not running at full capacity.
As of 4:00 pm Saturday, WJIB is still much weaker than normal.  If LTAR were still on,
people might have had  to travel to Fresh Pond to hear it.

LG