WESX day in Salem Sunday?

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 11:48:09 EDT 2006

A friend told me there's some kind of WESX Day in Salem on Sunday (I
believe) with a broadcast from Salem City Hall (1 pm); I checked Salem
News website and saw nothing but maybe it was in a previous paper. Had
heard that both WESX and WJDA (sold) have gone to
nothing but satellite oldies in anticipation of new owners taking over.

Saw not much at WESX site, pretty bare bones; while WJDA's site had
some "scrapbook"
pictures and details on other stations carrying certain shows (for the
benefit of listeners who still want to hear them after the sale goes
through).

Here's a Salem News article about WESX's upcoming demise, from
February; it estimated the station (as we know it) would cease to be
"around May":

We'll see what this WESX day is all about; I'll actually be down the
street at WMWM
from noon-3 pm doing a show but may check out later.