Interesting radio sighting along the NY Thruway...

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Tue Apr 25 09:11:10 EDT 2006

>>As I understand it, their morning show host (Jeff
Fillion??) ran several segments containing what is
considered "hate speech" in Canada [I think a number
of these segments were personal attacks on other
people].   After receiving several fines and official
judgements against them by the CRTC, last year the
CRTC revoked its license.  CHOI appealed, and at least
for the moment their license is safe on appeal.<<

The CRTC web site has the original order and the Federal Court of
Appeal's decision upholding the order:

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/archive/ENG/Decisions/2004/db2004-271.htm

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/NEWS/RELEASES/2005/r050901.htm

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WMKK - WRKO - WVEI AM/FM
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Boston MA  02135-2040
Phone: 617-779-5369
Fax: 617-779-5379