most important talk show hosts

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Mon Apr 17 18:47:52 EDT 2006

At 05:20 PM 4/17/2006, Donna Halper wrote:

>Folks, this is NOT an ideological question.  I've been asked to do a
>journal article (this is for an academic journal) about the most
>influential talk show hosts (past or present).

I'de go with Long John Nebel, because he was one of the first.  It
was on the overnights that talk radio started, and much later till it
spread to other time slots.

If you're looking for a more national example of this, there's the
guy who started the "Nitecaps" program years ago out of Salt Lake, I
don't remember his name.

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH