Boston Globe on WERS / WCRB - some clarifications

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Wed Apr 12 12:42:27 EDT 2006

> To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
> Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:00:31 -0400
> Subject: Boston Globe on WERS / WCRB - some clarifications
>
> Around that time WBUR went all-news save for Charlie Kolhaise (sp?)
> doing jazz on the overnights, and even that disappeared around 1998
> or so (I remember hearing Charlie's last show, that was very sad).
> At least they still have "Con Salsa", though.

Charlie can still be heard playing jazz on WMBR 88.1 from MIT though,
currently on Mondays 2 - 4 PM. He's had a jazz show there since about
when his WBUR show was discontinued.

Charlie is still working overnight shifts at WBUR as well, running
the BBC World Service and announcing the local breaks on the nights
that I don't do it, which are usually Monday, Wednesday and Sunday
nights at this point.

Not this week, though. He's on tour with his band. I'm working every
night this week through Sunday (except Saturday, which is Con Salsa).

Eli Polonsky