Boston Globe Item on WERS LMA Proposal

Shawn Mamros mamros@MIT.EDU
Sun Apr 9 13:23:54 EDT 2006

>Then again, once upon a time, WBUR was similarly part of the academic
>program of the School of Public Communications at Boston University.
>Things change when a Board of Trustees sees dollar signs.

The story I'd always heard w.r.t. WBUR was that John Silber took
an extreme disliking to his students' programming direction in
the late 1960s, so he gave them the boot and brought in a paid
staff.  Is there anyone on this list who can either confirm or
refute that?

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros -at- mit dot edu