Boston Globe Item on WERS LMA Proposal

Brian Vita brian_vita@cssinc.com
Sat Apr 8 15:04:00 EDT 2006

R Trovato wrote:

>>If anything,
>>I'm somewhat surprised that Greater Media approached them with the
>>offer in the first place.  Or the
>>fact that Smyth is on Emerson's Board of Trustees made him feel
>>that he had an edge with his fellow board members.
>>

>The real question.....
>
>What's the benefit to Gr Media in LMA-ing a non-comm clasical station?
>
>What could/could they possibly get out of it?
>
>Besides some good will?

Just a speculation - perhaps its a way of squelching defenders of the Trust?

How about flipping chronic underperformer WBOS to classical.  Wasn't it
classical a zillion years ago?  Anyone know the revenues of WBOS vs
WCRB?  What about footprints?

--
Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.