A Note for CC Boston Engineering

Matthew Osborne mattosborne1976@yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 13:35:35 EDT 2006

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:35:50 Cooper Fox
<fox893@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ahem...  I may be completely off on this, but that
> was
> a trick in the 60s and 70s.  I don't believe you'd
> find many(if any) present day Top40's that pitch up
> their music.
>
> Am I right on this?

Actually Cooper, I know for a fact that this practice
is very much commonplace today.  In fact, its not just
restricted to CHRs either - a lot of Hot ACs, straight
up ACs, country stations, and quite likely more do
this.  My former employer, WBEE-FM in Rochester NY,
AFAIK still does this.  All of their music is sped up
3 percent (as high as the Denon CD Cart Players in the
studio can go), and they've been doing this for
several years now.  Also, when I interviewed there
back in late 2000, Froggy 101 (WGGY) in
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre PA pitched all their music up
1.5 percent, and I have no reason whatsoever to
believe they've since stopped.  Those are the two
examples where I know for certain this is happening,
there are countless others where I can tell it is
happening, but don't have inside knowledge.

                               Matt Osborne
                               Schenectady, NY