WRKO lets Blute go

Mark Laurence mlaurence@mindspring.com
Mon Sep 26 21:37:06 EDT 2005

On Sep 26, 2005, at 1:57 PM, Bill O'Neill wrote:

> Bob Nelson wrote:
>
>> or Phil Hendrie.
>>
> The guy's just plain funny. Hysterical. No gimmicks, just talent.
> Feeds 1800 - 2100 PT.

I used to be a huge fan of Phil Hendrie.  He's one of the most
creative talents around, and his "anti-talk show" stance was
refreshing.  After 9/11, he changed for the worse.  His show got much
more political and he's not very good at it.  His ranting segments
were just like the bad shows he used to parody, except they weren't
funny or outrageous.  Granted, I don't agree with the aggressive
right wing views he adopted, but he's just not persuasive or
perceptive on the issues-of-the-day stuff.  It's not only me - the
Internet websites and discussion boards which used to be full of
rabid Phil Hendrie fans have dwindled to almost nothing.

Recently I think Phil has tried to tone down the politics and get
back to his creative multiple-personality roots.  It's a step in the
right direction but he has not returned to peak form yet.

Mark