WHDH Blows Off NBC Golf For Hurricane Rita Coverage

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Sat Sep 24 11:22:54 EDT 2005

  It appears that WHDH (Channel 7 Boston) has chosen to carry coverage of
Hurricane Rita instead of picking up NBC's all day coverage of a golf
tournament that started at 9 AM today. WHDH was showing CNN's coverage until
approx. 11 AM, then after a brief update from a local WHDH anchor, switched
to MSNBC coverage. I'm not a golf fan, and a major disaster such as this
(2nd major hurricane in less than a month to hit the U.S.) is worthy of
extensive coverage, but I'm sure there are a few golf fans that may have
called WHDH's switchboard wondering  "where's the golf" ?

Mark Watson