Boston Herald Reports Imus A Short-timer on 969 FM Talk

David Tomm nostaticatall@comcast.net
Mon Sep 12 13:15:15 EDT 2005

If he gets dropped by WTKK, who would pick him up?  WZLX? They just got
a new local morning show.  WROR?  Loren & Wally have that station
covered.  WODS?  Replacing Uncle Dale?  Highly unlikely.  WKLB?  Why
would Greater Media move him there if his political show isn't working
on their talk station?  Same thing goes for WBOS.  WXRV couldn't run
him because technically they are part of the Portsmouth/Dover/Rochester
market and WQSO/Rochester is the Imus affiliate there.  I suppose WRKO
would be a possibility, but I doubt that they would want to go
syndicated in that slot and besides, I thought the new PD there was
going to try to infuse more attitude into the station?  Adding Imus
won't accomplish that.   There's a reason that WTKK played hardball
with Imus to get him to come to the "Kiss Me I'm Imus"  event last
March.  They know the show won't get picked up locally if WTKK drops
him and Westwood One knows it too.  Boston is an important market for
the I-man.  If he loses Boston, other markets may follow and
syndication would be just about dead.

Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"