High School Football On WWZN

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun Sep 11 19:55:55 EDT 2005

On 11 Sep 2005 at 8:32, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> Not to ask a dumb question, but when (and why) did high school
> football games migrate to Friday nights?  I always remember them being
> Saturday afternoon.

This seems to be happening for college games as well.  The first game of the season for
UMass/Amherst was on a Thursday at 7 PM.  The first two home games will be on Saturday
at 6 PM.  During the broadcast of yesterday's game, it was explained that they'd done some
focus groups on campus and found that students prefer an evening game, and they're hoping
to get better student attendance that way.

UMass games are once again being carried on WATD in Marshfield this year, which I can
get on my car radio but not at home (except on my lvingroom stereo, with a lot of noise).  I
tried turning the radio to 980 to see if it was being carried this year by WCAP.  I'm not sure
what signal I was hearing on 980, but it wasn't the UMass game.  So once again, UMass
does not have a Boston outlet for its games.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax 617.742.7581