Antennas for over the air 8-VSB reception

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun Sep 11 19:55:55 EDT 2005

On 11 Sep 2005 at 17:06, Scott Fybush wrote:

> Adding to the complications in this particular case is the weird DTV
> allocations setup in the Albany market, where several stations are on
> VHF for their DTV signals (WNYT on 12, WXXA on 7, and perhaps WNYA on
> 4 eventually, plus WRGB's claim that they will use 6 for their DTV
> when the final selections are made.) This means you'll need a
> high-band VHF antenna - possibly rabbit ears, maybe something better -
> for NBC and Fox at the very least, while many markets will be able to
> dispense with VHF altogether in favor of UHF.

I thought the original plan for DTV (which used to be HDTV) was for all the DTV channels to
be UHF, so that television would eventually no longer use the VHF band.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax 617.742.7581