Vacuum Tube Equipment

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Fri Sep 2 21:39:48 EDT 2005

Well, I got the parts to replace the filter capacitor in the old vacuum tube radio that I have.
I've done this a number of times before, but for some reason, after I installed the new
capacitors and turned on the radio, I couldn't hear anything.  The tubes light, as do the dial
lamps, but no sound at all.  I checked the wires to the speaker, and they seem fine.

So it seems that I must have damaged something in and around the filter capacitor.  Any
suggestions on how I can find out what?

 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax 617.742.7581