Vacuum tube equipment

Stephanie Weil stephanie@gordsven.com
Thu Sep 1 12:26:36 EDT 2005

On Thu, September 1, 2005 12:21 am, A. Joseph Ross said:

> So, tubes or transistors, they're just not making them as well these
> days.

In my experience, some FM table radios have actually gotten a bit better.
Sadly, the Sony Walkman radios (analog tuned) have gotten more deaf as
time has gone on.

Some of the older FM radios I have at home are very deaf.  Even with
careful adjustment and tinkering, they're only good for the stronger local
stations.  Forget about even getting a crackle rim-shotter.  They also
suffered from drift.

--
Stephanie Weil
New York City, U.S.A.