Charles River Broadcasting Puts Its Stations Up For Sale

Dan Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Sun Oct 30 14:09:34 EST 2005

AFAIK, Hartmann's show originates at KPOJ Portland OR from 6:00 AM to 9:00
AM Pacific time M-F (AM drive) and is carried live on most of the stations
in the Pacific time zone that carry Air America. This includes some big AM
signals. Besides KPOJ, which runs 25 kW-D/10 kW-N on 620 and has achieved
good ratings with progressive talk, others on the list include KPTK Seattle
1090 50-kW-U and KTLK Los Angeles 50 kW-D/44 kW-N. Most of the larger west
coast stations that carry progressive talk are owned by Clear Channel, but
if I'm not mistaken, KPTK is owned by Entercom. Too bad that Clear Channel
has some sort of relationship with Jerry Springer. His show is just awful
radio and it would be much better to have Hartmann on five days a week than
to have Springer (although unless CFGO fixes its antenna problems, the only
way I'm going to be able to listen to WKOX at night again is if WKOX builds
its power increase, which I don't think is likely to happen any time during
my life).

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@att.net
eFax 707-215-6367