WAVM Maynard High School License in trouble again

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Fri Oct 21 12:02:04 EDT 2005

<<On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 08:50:56 -0400, "Roger Kolakowski" <rogerkola@aol.com> said:

> NECN is reporting that a request for an increase in power for the
> Non-Commercial WAVM Radio station run by Maynard High School, has opened up
> the door for the FCC to remove their license and re-issue it to a West Coast
> Christian broadcaster.

As usual, the "mainstream media" gets it completely wrong.

WAVM has not lost its license.  WAVM's application for class-A status
was denied.  It is still a class D, it may still appeal the decision,
and it may seek another frequency (as detailed in my other message).

(This sort of reporting always leaves me wondering about the quality
of reportage on subjects I don't know as much about.)

-GAWollman