First Sign Of Trouble At WTKK?

David Tomm nostaticatall@comcast.net
Wed Oct 19 00:03:10 EDT 2005

WTKK's local programming tends to be more moderate (Barnicle, Eagan &
Braude) but that only accounts for three hours during middays.  Imus
tends to be moderate to conservative in the morning, but after 1pm it's
all right wing blather all the time (O'Reilly, Hannity, Ingraham, etc.)

Conservative talkers have taken a bit of a ratings hit and most
observers are chalking it up to post election fatigue.  That may be
part of the problem.  However, the fact that most conservative hosts
are steadfastly behind Bush and his policies may not be ringing true
with the general public like it once did.  With several major polls
stating that Bush's approval rating is only around 39%, talk stations
may be losing some moderate listeners who aren't buying the message
coming from the right wing talking heads.

Meanwhile in a number of markets, new liberal talk stations are slowly
increasing their ratings or at least are holding steady.  Their numbers
still dwarf the ratings of the big conserva-talkers (who tend to be on
much better signals) but it will be interesting to see how things shake
out once the mid-term election season starts heating up next year.

Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"