WTKK: Levin short stay/battle of talk hosts

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Wed Oct 12 19:19:28 EDT 2005

Bob Nelson wrote:

>What in the wide wide world of sports is'a goin' on here, to quote a line
>from Blazing Saddles.

That's second to "Can't you see she's pooped?!"

One thing for sure is that all the bird-talk making its way on the
signal may be a harbinger for the Hub of the Universe and, arguably, the
birthplace of talkradio (full-contact sports-type talk)?  Frankly, I
would be surprised if Entercom didn't renew Imus. Likely his last
go-round and that is always good for stop n' gawks even among periferal
talk listeners.  I've been thinking it's foreplay to contract talks in
terms of money.

It's on thing that just about every AMer with "talk" in its name are
glorified repeaters but when a prolific FM in a heritage talk market
starts to play shell-games with someone else's network inventory then it
could be dog-track time.

Bill O'Neill