NBC cable weather channel

Jeremy Mixer mixer893@yahoo.com
Fri Oct 7 15:40:26 EDT 2005

I noticed recently in my cable lineup that there is a
new station providing some competition with the
Weather Channel. It is very similar with their
national/world forecasts, however the local forecasts
are much more detailed and are done by WCSH
meteoroligists, as well as local weather conditions
and 5 day forecasts for different Maine/NH towns on
the left and bottom of the screen at all times,
including commercials.

It makes me wonder....if anyone knows....

Did NBC just recently launch this service? Or did WCSH
just recently join up with the venture?

I never thought I'd see competition for the Weather
Channel.....also makes me wonder...if NBC DID just
start it up, why did they launch it in early October
when most of the worst part of the hurricane season is
done?

Jeremy