interference on 1030....and other things. ;-)

Rob xtrovato@yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 22:47:16 EST 2005

When John Garabedian used to run WGTR (1060AM - Natick), he would tell
stories about Westinghouse registering opposition with the FCC any time 'GTR
they made an application for ANY kind of changes.

Both, because KYW was on 1060....and the proximity of 1060 to 1030 in
Boston.  Typically, discouraging and delaying anything with paperwork and
layers of lawyers.

I am surprised that Westinghouse/CBS/Infinity/Whatever folks ever allowed
the WV station to get on the air....without deluging them in legal paperwork
and ongoing objections.

After all, in the battle of lawyers and legal actions...the
Westinghouse/CBS/Infinity legal department can outwit and outlast a smaller
station.

For a long time, Greater Media opposed WVBF's attempt to move their TX &
tower to the Prudential Tower by claiming some kind of interference
possibilities. Also using the phrase "Why would a *Framingham* station be
concerned about putting an antenna in Boston?".

Now that Greater Media *owns* 105.7....where do you think they broadcast
from?  ;-)

Bill O'Neill <billo@shoreham.net> wrote:
  It's a kW daytimer licensed to Point Pleasant, WV about an hour nw of
  Huntington. Old time Gospel. The FM is a country station at 99.5.
  Both signed on about 5-7 years ago IIRC.

  Bill O'Neill