Dick Gordon To Host Show From North Carolina

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Mon Nov 7 11:40:54 EST 2005

<<On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 16:48:52 -0500, Larry Weil <kc1ih@mac.com> said:

> Acoustic music can have more than one definition.  The music that
> WERS carries in the morning is considered acoustic, but it is much
> different than what is carried on WUMB, which might be considered to
> cater more to "old folkies".  I'm sure that in the morning the
> audience for WERS skews much younger than that for WUMB.

...and both of those are different from what's heard on WNCW or on
WXPN's "World Cafe" (syndicated by PRI).  "A Prairie Home Companion"
has all acoustic music, but it's mostly not "acoustic music", and PHC
listeners probably wouldn't be too happy to hear the "live, acoustic"
version of Dishwalla's "Counting Blue Cars" or BHTM's "Please Don't
Tell Her", which get decent airplay on adult-alternative stations like
WXRV.  They all have some overlap, though, in artists if not always in
songs.  Then there's WPAQ, which I think is still the nation's only
commercial all-bluegrass station.

-GAWollman