Dick Gordon To Host Show From North Carolina

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Sat Nov 5 15:37:27 EST 2005

At 02:43 PM 11/5/2005, Laurence Glavin wrote:

>According to *inerrant Boston Phoenix Media guru Mark Jurkowitz,
>former "The Connection" host Dick Gordon will resurface on
>University of North Carolina pubcaster WUNC-FM early next year.
>He will host a one-hour long program that WUNC hopes to syndicate
>to other noncomm stations.  It's supposed to air in the early afternoon,
>probably before NPR's "Talk of the Nation".  Any chance WGBH-FM
>might be interested, if only to stick it to WBUR?

And stick it to the Jazz listeners on WGBH?  They'de probably just
take away another hour of Jazz, given their history.

>  *as we all know, AM stations WXKS, Everett and WKOX, Framingham
>are daytime-only outlets.

Or as most of us know, WXKS and WKOX are both on at night, albeit at
greatly reduced power from their daytime levels.

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH