Ahhhh!! Boston TV Memories!!

Lou lspin@comcast.net
Thu Nov 3 19:00:55 EST 2005

TV38's "Ask The Manager" was a really great show.  It was interesting to see
the amount of mail they received from Canada, where TV38 was carried as a
cable 'superstation.'

There was another, locally produced, very short lived show from the TV38
golden age.  It was named "We Don't Knock."  Dana Hersey would take a camera
crew and invade various places in the Boston area.  One particular show I
remember was the one where they raided the different studios of Boston Radio
morning teams.  Loren and Wally seem to come to mind here.  I actually think
I have that show lurking around the apartment on a VHS tape.

-Lou

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Bob Nelson
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 3:21 AM
To: radiotony; boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org; Bob Nelson
Subject: Re: Ahhhh!! Boston TV Memories!!

On 11/2/05, radiotony <radiotony@comcast.net> wrote:
 At the time, she co-hosted "Ask the Manager" or "Meet
> the Manager" or something

"Ask the Manager" was Ch 38 while "Meet the Manager" was on 56. And
right now there's a similar show on Ch. 68, "Ask Bob The Manager". Of
course there was nothing like the good old days of ATM (no, I don't
mean a banking machine) w/ Dana Hersey, Dan Berkery, Joe Dimino, et al
...a real cult show.

http://www.flyingdreams.org/tv/gallery/atm.htm