'RKO launches blogger's show on Sun night

radiotony radiotony@comcast.net
Mon May 23 21:11:28 EDT 2005

And even when we got Jerry Williams it was a mix of views. Sometimes, when
"the govenors" were on, we got conversative views like Barbara Anderson
wanting more libertarianism and Howie Carr going after hacks. But, we also
got folks like Ralph Nader and Jerry Brown on The Dean's show too, showing
us different points of view. That was the classic talk show. Today, it seems
like it is overwhelmingly conservative with some of those conservatives
out-and-out lying about "facts" and "figures." But, they aren't the only
ones.
I've read a bunch of books on media - from Bernie Goldberg's book "Bias," to
Joe Conason's book "The Big Lie." Both made excellent points and then
ridiculous points. I agree with Goldberg's points about the Washington, D.C.
cocktail crowd being liberal on social issues and pushing that agenda in
their news coverage. But when he starts going on about certain newscasters
being "liberal" when we all know that someone else writes what is on the
TelePrompTer and when he ignores the corporatization of the media which
keeps many "liberal" stories about the state of working America, unions,
etc., off the air, there is a problem. Conason makes some great points about
the rightwing echo chamber regurgitated a bunch of bogus statistics to make
their point but to ignore the fact that Bill Clinton got what he deserved
for lying under oath costs him cred.

Best,
Anthony Schinella
News Director/A&E Host at WKXL 1450
Celebrating Concord, N.H. & the Capital Region
with thoughtful community radio
http://www.wkxl1450.com
http://politizine.blogspot.com