'RKO launches blogger's show on Sun night

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Mon May 23 20:02:38 EDT 2005

At 3:51 PM -0400 5/23/05, Dan Strassberg wrote:
>And where, exactly, do you get real news on the radio any longer? NPR is
>bending over backards to be "unbiased" (Read: Keep Ken Tomlinson from wiping
>them out). When WBZ isn't airing Bush propaganda, they are censoring out all
>items that don't support the Bush agenda. For mostly rip-and-read news, Air
>America's TOH 'casts are not bad, and Rachel Madow's 5:00 AM to 6:00 AM show
>is often pretty good, though she is sometimes too far left for me! I guess
>that leaves the BBC, which puts me to sleep, and Pacifica, which we can't
>get in Boston (at least not over the air), so I don't even know what
>Pacifica's news (if there is such) is like.

Yea, I never said it was easy.  The 6:30 network newscasts on TV are
sometimes not bad, but they too are often selectively edited to avoid
offending the administration, because the network reporters fear
losing access.

As for Pacifica, I thought their program "Democracy Now" was on WMBR
and WBRS.  Sometimes I catch the TV version of the program on the
Worldlink channel on DirecTV.  But, I wouldn't call them objective
either, their reporting is definitely to the left of left.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH