Stuck in the Orbit of Satellite Radio

Brian Vita brian_vita@cssinc.com
Sun May 22 09:25:34 EDT 2005

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1061496,00.html

Excerpt:
Tornadoes were touching down all over Iowa, but I wouldn't have guessed
it from listening to satellite radio. Outside, boiling up on both sides
of Interstate 80, black prairie thunderheads sizzled with greenish
lightning. Inside my car the only sound was that of an E! Entertainment
biography of celebrity rock-widow Courtney Love. I reached for the dial
and turned to CNN, then Fox, then NPR.

<snip>

Here's an interesting, albiet flawed article on satellite radio by an
alleged user.  I take issue with the article in which he describes a
cross country trip with all kinds of local radio. I think that he must
have taken that trip 10 years ago...

Brian Vita