WNSH/WPEP

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Wed May 11 17:00:46 EDT 2005

At 03:42 PM 5/11/2005 -0400, Joseph Pappalardo wrote:
>Does anyone know the "deal" that WNSH struck with WPEP to get them to
>"surrender it's license"?
>
>Just curious as to 'what it would take'  to  'get that done'....

I don't know that the agreement itself is part of the public record; it's
not filed with the WNSH application, although there is a paragraph in the
application that reads as follows:

"The licensee of standard broadcast station WPEP, 1570 kHz, Taunton,
Massachusetts
(Facility Id 61601) has entered into an agreement with Willow Farm which
conditionally provides
for the surrender of the WPEP license prior to the commencement of
operation by Willow Farm of
the facilities requested herein."

Keep in mind that Willow Farm - Keating's company - used to own WPEP as
well, and it's not unreasonable to think that the sale of WPEP to Anastos
may have come with some sort of informal agreement down the road to make
the WNSH upgrade possible. There's nothing about it in the asset purchase
agreement filed with the WPEP sale back in 2001.