And something other than WZAN on 970?

sid.whitaker@unh.edu sid.whitaker@unh.edu
Mon May 2 13:38:16 EDT 2005

On 970 in southern Maine, long the domain of WZAN, I picked up what
appeared to
be WESO Southbridge, Mass. a few nights ago. I heard satellite country,
with an
ID that (muffled) sounded like WESO, fighting it out with Leykis on
WZAN, about
20 miles south of WZAN. WESO is listed as running 21w, ND, at night.

And while I'm at it, how about 810 CJVA Caraquet NB, which (like CFTR) appears
to be operating non-directionally at night, rendering a certain
upstate-NY 50kw
blowtorch completely unlistenable in Maine.

Sid