Air America

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Sun May 1 17:38:29 EDT 2005

>>The site was in the Hallet's Cove area of Astoria, Queens, on a pier
that
extended into the East River. I'm not sure it would have been visible
from
the Whitestone, but I can imagine it would have been quite visible from
the
Triborough. I seem to recall the tower still standing in the early 90s,
when it could also be clearly seen from the east side of Manhattan - it
was
almost directly across from UN headquarters.<<

Uh, might want to check that again, Scott.  The only piece of Queens
"directly across from UN headquarters" (E 44th Street and 1st Avenue in
Turtle Bay) is the area just north of Newtown Creek, usually known as
Long Island City.  Astoria is across from Harlem (and separated from it
by Randall's Island, Hell Gate and the East River), nowhere near UN HQ.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WMKK - WRKO - WVEI
20 Guest St / 3d Floor