True radio geek dream

chuckigo@maine.rr.com chuckigo@maine.rr.com
Sat Mar 12 05:21:14 EST 2005

Dan Wrote:
> (snip)  I have dreams where I am dumped into a radio
> studio and an unable to keep things going without having dead air.
> In some  of the dreams, I am in a modern studio and am having trouble with
> the  computer system, but sometimes I am in an old studio and am unable
> to get  records cued up in time.  I have not worked in radio for a year
> and a half  and I still have such dreams from time to time.
>
> And yes, I am old enough to have played records on the radio.
> Right Chuck?

that whole keeping the station moving, dead air, non-cued records thing?  wasn't a dream, Dan.  (ducking&grinning)

yes, you are old enough to have played records on the radio.  our entire playlist, except for currents/recurrents at WIDE was vinyl.  matter of fact, the format used to be known as "round with a hole in the middle of it"  (if it was round and hole in the middle, WIDE used to play it)

- -Chuck Igo