Boston Globe Article On Lowell Spinners Return To WCAP

Joseph Pappalardo joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com
Tue Jun 28 14:38:04 EDT 2005

From: "Mark Watson"
Subject: Boston Globe Article On Lowell Spinners Return To WCAP

>     Also mentioned in the article is Christopher Lydon's new show "Open
> Source"  which airs live evenings on WGBH-FM and airs on one day delay at
> 9AM weekday mornings on WUML. U Mass administrators are hinting this
> schedule will change.
>
> Here's the link for the article on the Globe's website:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2005/06/26/spinners_out_at_umass_station/

I just got around to reading this article.

Interesting quotes.

Even more interesting is Lydon's quoted salary......$12,500 a MONTH!
($150,000 a year!  ...for one hour of radio a day.)

Here's the question:

....does Lydon *own* this show?
(The salary would say no....but knowing his public beef with Jane Chisto, I
would assume yes.)

So, he pulls in even more $$$ for every affilliate that carries the show?

Anyone know how that works?

Joe