FM DX'ing still possible after all (even in an age of IBOC)

Shawn Mamros mamros@MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 27 13:21:00 EDT 2005

>On the way in to work this morning, I noted NYC stations in on tropo
>like the proverbial ton of bricks.  [...]

Ah.  That explains why I was getting occasional bursts of static
this morning while listening to 92.5, which usually comes in
with no problem at all.  It wasn't strong enough to overcome WXRV
enough to ID what other station(s) it might've been, though, and
I didn't think to tune around the band to see what else was out
there.

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros -at- mit dot edu