Is the Boston Herald replacing Dean Johnson?

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Tue Jun 21 12:30:34 EDT 2005

<<On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 00:58:01 -0400, "Joseph Pappalardo" <joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com> said:

>> [I wrote:]
>> There are probably at least as many people who have strong feelings of
>> antipathy towards Magic as would call it their favorite station -- as
>> witness the diary entries for 'BCN, 'FNX, and 'AAF.

> So, you are saying that people write down that they listen to stations for
> which they have  "a strong feeling of aversion or repugnance".  What
> supports this theory?

No, I am saying that, in my experience, people who like modern- and
active-rock formats tend to detest AC.  Ergo, the people who write
down that they listen to those stations can, by imputation, be said to
have a "strong feeling" about Magic that is not in the least positive.
(My experience also indicates that the antipathy is probably mutual; I
bet most Magic P1s have a strong feeling about 'AAF, particularly when
their kids are blasting it!)

-GAWollman