WCBS's Gary Maurer Retires

Todd Glickman radio88@radio88.net
Mon Jun 20 08:45:45 EDT 2005

WCBS Newsradio-880's Gary Maurer retired recently, after a 37-year
career as a reporter and anchor.  Gary was the anchor for my first
weathercast there, May 5, 1979!

WCBS has put up a special Web page in his honor, that includes a
slide show of images submitted by me from his retirement party.  Also
are links to two sound files, one is the on-air interview on that
day; the second the audio tribute played to him at the party.  The
page is at:
http://wcbs880.com/topstories/local_story_154190712.html