WCBS-FM format change featured on NBC Nightly News

A. Joseph Ross lawyer@attorneyross.com
Sat Jun 18 23:10:58 EDT 2005

On 18 Jun 2005 at 12:34, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> Speaking as a fellow radio geek, I have to say that while it's sad to
> see a heritage station change formats, life goes on.  A lot of us
> (myself included) on this list grew up with Top 40 on WRKO, but it
> wasn't the end of the world when they went talk.  I really don't see
> what the big fuss is about.  "Jack" is to my ears, an oldies station
> for a different generation.

And if the new format lasts long enough, it will be considered a "heritage" station by a later
generation.  To you, the WRKO top-40 format was "heritage."  To me, it replaced WNAC and
the Yankee Network, and THAT was a Heritage station.  To some older people, WNAC's
move to 680 liquidated WLAW Lawrence, and THAT was a heritage station -- much as
WEEI's move to 850 liquidated WHDH in more recent times.