WESO Southbridge newspaper article

SteveOrdinetz hykker@grolen.com
Wed Jun 15 07:49:13 EDT 2005

  Doug Drown wrote:
>WGAW, WARE, now WESO . . . Hmmm . . . Do I detect a nascent trend?

While I applaud the efforts, I wonder how many of these stations can make a
go of it long-term.  Eventually, even the most deep-pocketed owner gets
tired of subsidizing a money-losing operation.  None of these stations
exactly have powerhouse signals.

> >  From the article:
> >
> >       While other radio stations are relying more and more on computers
> > and
> >       pre-programmed voice recordings, Mr. Vaughan said his ultimate
> > goal is
> >       to continue adding human talent until the station can be live full
> > time.
> >
> >       "A human being will kick the hell out of a computer every time,"
> > he said.

Not true.  If you suck no one will listen no matter where the programming
originates.  It's hard enough to draw listeners to AM, lost dog reports are
not gonna bring 'em.  The day is long gone when people will listen to an
amateurish-sounding radio station just because it's "local".