The old WGAW

RBB oldradio@earthlink.net
Fri Jun 10 13:07:15 EDT 2005

Does anyone remember WGAW studios at one time, being in a large brick
building in Gardner, occupying the corner of (what looked to me to be) a
gymnasium with a shiny floor or an open room?  The board was with two
turntables and a couple of 45rpm players (yes, back to the old days of
45's...)

I was driving through Gardner and thought I'd located the station, as
was my habit then, chasing radio towers and finding studios in the early
1950's.  It seems to me that the building was a recreation hall or a
city facility, it wasn't a remote broadcast set up, more permanent than
that.  Probably it was only temporary while the permanent studios were
being built?

If this sounds familiar to you, please send me an email.  Thanks.
=Russ Butler  oldradio@earthlink.net