News about Air America

A. Joseph Ross lawyer@attorneyross.com
Sat Jul 30 21:38:49 EDT 2005

On 30 Jul 2005 at 14:18, Joseph Pappalardo wrote:

> If I say today was Partly Cloudy...and you say it's
> "Overcast"....Would one of us be "Lying"?  No, each is speaking from
> his/her own perspective, understanding and inherant bias.

But if you say it was Partly Cloudy and there was never a cloud in the sky, and you keep
saying it after it's been pointed out to you that there was never a cloud in the sky, ...

> When Franken attempts to justify using the word "Lie", he cites
> 'facts'....as he sees them, no less.

The right wing has this notion that facts are entirely a matter of opinion.  facts can be
documented.  One can play the tape of what Condoleeza Rice said, and if someone persists
in their misquote, once the error is pointed out to them, and shouts down people who try to
point it out to them, one can draw conclusions about motives.