ESPN 890/1400 Taking To The Air Tonight

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Sun Jul 24 08:04:18 EDT 2005

   Today's (7/24) Boston Globe mentions in it's "Sportview" column that
tonight (Sunday) at 8 PM WAMG (890 Dedham) and WLLH (1400 Lowell/Lawrence)
will finally make the switch to ESPN Sports, starting with "Sunday Night
Baseball". It appears that at the start, they will be running ESPN Radio
24/7 while they work out any technical bugs, etc.

   Currently as I post this, 890 & 1400 are stunting with hits of the 60's,
70's & 80's with sports highlights between each song. Just heard the 8 AM
legal ID, "890 WAMG Dedham, 1400 WLLH Lowell". No mention of Lawrence in the
ID, and the Lowell transmitter is still off (it's been off for over 2 weeks
now). I'm listening on 1400 from the Lawrence TX.

Mark Watson