News about Air America

dlh@donnahalper.com dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu Jul 21 23:14:00 EDT 2005

I also notice that everyone in an executive position at AAR now is a radio person, which is good because they understand what needs to be done.  The network has gone through a year of growing pains, but affiliates I talked to were still very enthusiastic and many say they are making money, which they weren't before.  Some other news--certain AAR markets are developing their own live and local shows so that when Al or Randi or whoever isn't around, the station can still have live talent.  So, that's what is going on with AAR-- can they fix the ratings in NY and fix the cities where they have poor signals?  Does progressive talk have a future?  Only time will tell, but they now have 70 affiliates and some markets are seeing a lot of growth, as I said before.  So we shall see.