WCAP Sunday Special

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Sun Jan 23 13:49:29 EST 2005

Mark Watson wrote:

>  With the Blizzard of 2005 unleashing lots of snow and wind upon us
> here in Southern New England, WCAP (980 Lowell) has gone live and
> local on this Sunday AM, with Gary Francis hosting and opening up the
> phone lines as of 6 AM for listeners to call in their storm stories

Way to go. That is what local radio can do that the big guns can't.
Bringing back those "Hurricane Bob" memories when Joe Corcoran, myself
and others went 24/7, and just let the phones tell the story.  I have
some airchecks of that and it you can hear the signal problems with the
high wind and hops from the grid to the generator and back.

This storm could break '78 records...but we know that 78s were more
fragile than 33.3s...

Bill O'Neill
Shoreham, Vt.
(-1 F, windy and a meager 9-12 snow)